Abbie's Mexican Doll. I crocheted the lil dress.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Let It Be Ur Inspiration

For me, the best way to clear my mind and make myself feel better is to create something. I let my anger, pain, or frustration be my inspiration. There are different ways that I go about this.
I was feeling sad and angry about my father’s death one day. Instead of crying alone or taking out the anger I had on my family, I sat down and wrote about it. That way I was able to get it out but no one had to hear me. It did make me feel better to get the feelings out. I do not want to bottle emotions to the point where I explode over things that may not be that serious. So I will write a poem or a letter. Sometimes I tuck them away and save them so I can reflect on my feelings. Other times I throw them out. It depends on the mood and the subject matter of the words.


A Letter to My Daddy
It's been 20 years, oh wait, five that you have an excuse for.
Now do you miss me daddy?
No, hasn't been that long right.
I had another baby, he's beautiful, did you see?
What did I do to deserve this?
Was I that bad as a kid?
What if I would have found you?
Then would you have tried to live?
Today is a very sad day.
A memory long gone.
But had I only tried harder,
Would you have held on?
I miss you though I try not to.
I just can't hold back the tears
As I dream about what could have been
Through all the misplaced years.
Remember the last time you seen me?
What did I even say?
Did I tell you that I love you?
If not, I will today.
I love you daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment