Abbie's Mexican Doll. I crocheted the lil dress.

Monday, February 15, 2010

I heart INCHIES

So one of the amazing girlies from www.cutoutandkeep.net started a swap for making INCHIES. Oh I am in love now!!! So, for the purpose of this swap, inchies are 1 inch squares of fabric decorated however the creater sees fit. They are basically tiny ATCs. I did a little research and they can be made out of paper as well as fabric. They also can be PLUS SIZE(1 1/2 inch squares) or TWINCHIES(2 inch squares) Right away I signed up for a partner to swap with and got to work!!!

These are my templates. I would use number 1 if i wanted the back and front both to be decent looking. (fold so that the flaps are all inside the squares) Number 2 is for when the inchies will be put onto another fabric so the back really don't matter, but you want nice edges. Number 3 is just a square inch. This way I don't have to bust out the ruler for each new inchie!!!

I made this nifty little home for my inchies using a section of the leg of my jeans that needed some new life. I used puffy paints to separate the areas I need for the twelve inchies. (as you see the theme for this swap is blue & recycleable)

This is one of my faves. I made the square out of extra silk from my daughter's halloween costume. Then I used some Goodwill finds to decorate it. Recycled snaps for the eyes, a bra closure for the mouth, and a bow shaped loop thingy for the bow: )

This is another one of my faves. The base is plain white fabric. Then I took some blue see thru ribbon and sewed that ontop of the white, leaving a space to tuck some blue beads inside. After the beads settled in their new home, I finished sewing, attached it to the jeans and outlind it in black puffy paint so the beads couldn't wiggle their way out!!! I'll post more pics as soon as they're all done. See you soon: )

No comments:

Post a Comment